Is your website serving it's purpose ?
When asked if they are marketing their businesses online, most individuals and organizations would confirm that they are just because they have a website. Today I want to make it clear that having a website does not necessarily mean you are marketing online. Having a website is not and will never be equivalent to marketing online. Nevetheless, one often needs a website inorder to market online. Having a website is great, but if nobody knows about it, then your website becomes meaningless.
What is the purpose of your website?
Each time you want to create a website for your business or organization, you need to clearly define the online objectives of your website. If your website is without objectives you will not be able to assess it's successes and failures. Your online objectives must be mainly centered on 3 things which are:
• Objectives of the organization
• Needs, wants, and expectations of your target markets
• Products and services that are being offered.
Common Website objectives
• Advertising your product or service
• Selling your product or service
• Providing customer service and support
• Providing product or corporate information
• Creating and establishing brand identity and brand awareness or company
identity and awareness.
Having said all this, the question still stands, Is your website serving it's purpose ?
If your answer is 'no' and if you need free advise, email firstname.lastname@example.org